Almost by definition, DAC-ART clients build private homes. They are not public. Public interest in DAC-ART stone homes has been tremendous. A list of clients is available through Théodore Dial for last stage, serious potential clients. We have observed some common traits amoung many clients. Below is a list that may be helpful to know if you share traits observed in a number of clients who have built DAC-ART homes.
The notes on traits observed and shared by a majority of DAC-ART clients (Owners)
- The Owner looks at after-construction costs and takes things into account like the maintenance and property insurance costs.
- The Owner emphasizes strength (storm-proof), durability (low maintenance), and beauty at a level of importance equal to or above construction costs.
- The Owner has decided to use solid masonry or concrete and has decided against building a wooden, stick-built house.
- The Owner wants a custom home to suit his or her needs. DAC-ART is custom and not standard in dimensions or shapes. Personalization is infinite allowing uniqueness..
- The Owner avoid's the expediant path to construction He or she is more interested in quality, longevity, and hiring appropriate subcontractors and tradesmen, balancing budget and quality.
- The Owner wants strength and security. While one's home is extremely personal, security is a large part of that in combination with personal aesthetics and practical conveniences.
- The Owner is less vulnerable to the inevitable comments that come from friends or family members who want to help by sticking to conventions. The Owner is not overly concerned with their input because he or she knows what he or she wants. Most DAC-ART clients have experience, most of them (with some exceptions) are over the age of 50. They often say "Ted, this is my ultimate home. I'm not moving again after this. I want what I want, not what somebody else wants."